Friday, February 27, 2009

Birthday!

We kind of made a week of it, and I'm glad Matthew feels the same way about birthday week as I do, but to keep things simple, I'll just mention the highlights.

Last Tuesday was my Birthday Eve, so Matthew and I had a scrumptious dinner at Zupa's (another thing I'll really miss about Utah), followed by a delicious homemade birthday cake baked by my sister and a viewing of Back to the Future.


Wednesday was the big day, and it was a most beautiful birthday with a bright blue sky. Matt had the day off, so we went for a morning run, had a delicious breakfast of wheat waffles with strawberries and cream (a tradition in the Crosby family), and went cross-country skiing. Then we hung out with the Webelos at a bridge construction site for a little while before heading to Salt Lake City to have dinner with my family.


I ended up with a large pile of chocolate (especially when you figure in Valentine's Day a few days before and the M&Ms Matthew brought home from work for me earlier in the week -- in two unused urinalysis cups), plenty of flowers, some money with which to buy replacements for the unnatural number of my pants that have developed holes in the past few months, and lots of love and good memories. I wish I could have birthday week all the time!

And I must say that I love birthday cards! I know that store-bought cards were written by a Hallmark employee who knows nothing about me, but they still feel heartfelt to me, and the card my parents gave me made me feel good. In fact, I sometimes get a little teary when I read cards like that. I also received cards from both of Matthew's grandparents and a great homemade card from Dave, Jodi, Johnny, Melina, and the babies. Thanks for the love!

5 comments:

Jenn said...

Happy birthday month, Kathryn! I must chime in that Zupa's is definitely on my top 10 things I miss about Utah. I think about it weekly. Good luck with the job/move/etc.

Mike said...

I don't really know that I'm going to move. You just never know with me. I really need to learn stability. I'm sure I'll still be around for Jurassic Park though.

Wendi said...

Happy Birthday again! You're so great, and I'm glad you're my cousin! Good luck with the move in a few weeks.

Blaine said...

I feel terrible that I completely missed your Birthday. For some reason it was one of those things that I thought about off and on so much in my head, that I assumed that I said "Happy Birthday" to you - but I never did! I am so sorry for being a horrible friend, so . . . Happy LATE Birthday! I love you Kat, and I will miss you so much!

Linds

Blaine said...

P.S. Yes - I took that picture today of our tulips that are already coming up! Isn't it so exciting?!