Friday, February 27, 2009

Employment

At long last, a couple of Saturdays ago (on Valentine's Day, to be precise), I got a job offer! I will be working as a freelance developmental editor for a publishing company! It's a job I think I'll really like, and it will transfer with us wherever we go!

Then, two days later, I got a tip from a school friend that landed me another job offer! It worked out perfectly as a temporary research gig to keep me busy for a while until the paperwork for the editing job goes though, and the extra money will be just what we need to facilitate our move to Mesa in a few weeks. The project was all about China, and one of its side effects was to give me a really cool spy dream once last week.

It felt really good to be gainfully employed for a week and a half. Now I'm back to unemployment for a while until I'm officially hired on as an editor and my company starts sending me projects, but I am determined to make the most of it. I'm going to read, read, read all those books I've been meaning to get to (I have no idea why I haven't been doing this all along - what's wrong with me?), and I'm going to practice the piano and the guitar, and measure our furniture so we can use our vehicle space efficiently for the move.

2 comments:

Liz Wilcken said...

You're MOVING?!!!! I FORBID it!!! You CAN'T move (sob, sob)!!! I'm not sure I like this stage of life where we all get married and move far away from each other. (But then again it was marriage that let me meet you!) I guess that's what blogs are for. :(

On a happier note: Happy VERY belated birthday! You'd think I'd remember. Yours is an easy birthday to remember Feb. 18th, right?

Mike said...

You're MOVING?!!! TO MESA! I encourage it! Too bad I might be heading to Utah to live soon. Anyway Happy birthday Katherine.