Tuesday, November 10, 2009

It's a . . .


We're having a boy baby!


I had another ultrasound this morning, and he's definitely a he. It's so clear, it would be awkward to post the ultrasound picture. It caught us off guard--we both thought it was a girl--but we're excited! Matthew, of course, loves the name Shadrach. So far, I like Dean, Grant, Theodore, and Maxwell. Hopefully in the next 19 weeks we can come to an agreement on something.

Also, in anticipation of today's doctor's visit, I have been fantasizing about the doctor telling me I need to gain more weight and ordering me to eat more ice cream, cookies, and chocolate. But the truth I learned today is that I have gained twice as much as I should have since my last visit. Drat.

11 comments:

Genevieve Beck said...

Did I even know you were pregnant?! That is wonderful news! You will just adore your little guy.

The Keeffers said...

I didn't know you were prego - congrats!!!

Wendi said...

Yay! That's so exciting! And you're only pregnant for 9 months (at a time), so live it up and eat that ice-cream, I say! Especially with how active you guys like to be.

jmcrosby said...

We are excited for you, even if I wanted to be the first to have a boy. We might not even be pregnant with a boy. Hopefully we are though, so they can be best friends. Good luck with the name thing. Hopefully we will get to see you sooner than later.

Liz Wilcken said...

Oh, eat all the junk food you like! Who cares what the dr. says ;) We're so excited for you!

Abbie said...

Oh a little boy!! How exciting! I'm sure you'll come to terms on a name. :) I would stay away from Shadrach though. You don't want to be known for one of those crazy Mormons that uses strange BofM names. But maybe you do...

I always thought being pregnant would be great b/c it would be a time I wouldn't worry about gaining weight but it was the exact opposite. I worried so much about, gained more than I should have and am still struggling to get it off. Boo. Maybe you'll be different.

Emily Gerow said...

I figure that once I feel well enough to eat that ice cream and those cookies, I'm going to eat them by golly. I deserve it!

Emily Gerow said...

p.s. I'm so glad you finally updated your blog. Now you just need to post pictures of your cute belly!

It's Me...shell said...

Yay for boys!

Melanie Ann Millett said...

Just think of it this way--no matter how hard I tried, I barely gained enough weight, and my daughter was born 2 months early. They swept her away from me and told me they weren't sure if she'd be ok. Scared the crap out of me. (She's fine now.)

Heidi said...

Congrats! That is sooo exciting!