Wednesday, July 1, 2009

News

In the few minutes of public library internet time I've got today, I'm just going to note some news in our lives.

In the past month and a half,

  • Matthew and Kathryn visited Eagar, where the sun is not so mean.
  • Kathryn picked up a fascination for gardening (it's still theoretical, though), read some books, and edited some others.
  • Matthew's work situation improved a little.
  • Matthew and Kathryn enrolled in an anatomy and physiology class together. Their final is on Friday - hooray!
  • Matthew and Kathryn moved to a lovely condo.
  • Matthew and Kathryn visited Utah, very briefly.
And finally, and most importantly,
  • Matthew got accepted to medical school at Midwestern University in Glendale!
I'm so proud of Matt. He's going to be a great doctor. We have a busy month ahead with another move and all the other preparations, but I'm going to try to savor this pre-med school time.

And one more thing: here come the summer thunderstorms!

10 comments:

Mike said...

Great Update. I'm so happy for Matt. I can't stand this having to wait crap. Your life just gets stuck.

Dave and Jodi said...

You guys have had a really crazy month and a half! Yay for matt im so happy that he FINALLY got an answer! We love you guys

Genevieve Beck said...

Congrats on medical school! That is terrific. It was great to see you briefly in Utah.

Emily Gerow said...

what!? Genevieve got to see you but I didn't >:( I'll get over it eventually. Congrats on med school and good luck with the move.

It's Me...shell said...

you were here and no hello!? for shame. ;) Congrats to Matthew!

Liz Wilcken said...

Yay!!!

Abbie said...

So glad to find your blog! Here's to more postings! :)

Lindsay said...

I miss you Kat - and you called! Ah! Sorry I was at rehearsal. Congrats to Matt for getting into Medical School!!!

Hoenes Family said...

Hey Kathryn! It is Kali Smedley Hoenes. I found your blog on Michelle's because she told me that you had moved to Arizona and I wanted to know where. I live near Tucson. It would be fun to get together some time if you are relatively close! I too have a blog, but it is private. If you would like an invite, you can e-mail me your e-mail address and I will invite you. Kalihoenes@gmail.com

P.S. I don't have guesses of what the star on the Arizona flag symbolizes, because I know that it represents copper!

1382 said...

NO WAY!!! That's really cool. Plus I have this weird thing with the number 82. I was born in 1982, I weighed 8 pounds 2 ounces, etc. So thats fun.