Monday, January 19, 2009

A Year

Last weekend Matthew and I took a break from our colds and from preparing talks and a lesson for church to try out our cross-country skis (thanks Dad Crosby!) at Big Springs Park, a favorite place of mine. When we move, Provo Canyon is going to be high on the list of things I'll miss the most. What makes BSP so great for cross-country skiing is 1) 360 degree beautiful views, 2) the constant but gentle incline all the way up, which means you get 3) a fun cruise all the way back down to the parking lot. I'm still an amateur, which means I'm not good at making quick, sharp turns, which means I sometimes ditch in the snow rather than risk falling into the stream that crosses the trail a few times. We had a blast!


Matt pointed out to me the other day that January 18 (yesterday) is the first anniversary of the day we met. What a year! I always thought I'd need to marry someone I'd known for a couple of years. I don't think I've ever been so happy to be wrong!

2 comments:

Wendi said...

Looks like a lot of fun. I miss being able to actually play outside in the snow like we can in Utah. I miss you guys too!

Liz Wilcken said...

Amen to that last sentence! By the time Brian and I got married we had only KNOWN each other 4 months (and one day, I think)!