Friday, May 9, 2008

jogging in Italy - part 1

Well, I didn’t go for a run yesterday. I woke up around 9:30 after a refreshing 11 hours of sleep, and started to try to figure out how to leave the house without locking myself out. After a while I realized that the door from the bathroom (Aunt Aleta calls it the escape hatch) didn’t have lock, and that I could put the handle in a position where it wasn’t even latched.


So I got excited and got dressed and put my running shoes on. Then I opened the door and ducked under the blind and found myself standing on a three by four foot alcove in the middle of the roof! So then I just gave up and showered.

Aunt Aleta has since instructed me on how to get into the house with the spare key which sticks in the lock. On related note, I have repeatedly locked myself in the bathroom on accident, and we all know now that the "escape hatch" is no more than a red herring. And finally, I should report that I did not run this morning either. The reasons for that are the church bells and jet lag.

No comments: